At Guy Sterne Limited, we are dedicated to ensuring all of your personal information remains private and confidential. This is done by safeguarding it from any unapproved disclosure and access.
How Your Information is Used
Guy Sterne collects personal information about:
- Visitors to all Websites
- Visitors who make contact via email, phone, or otherwise, or make an enquiry through our contact page
- Anyone who uses our services, such as requesting a publication or subscribing to our newsletter
- Current and former employee
- Job applicants
- Anyone who submits a written enquiry or complaint to our Data Protection Officer
Visitors to Websites
Via a third-party site, Google Analytics (Google LLC), gathers visitors’ data, such as behaviour and usage date
- Images accessed
- Which mobile platform or browser is used to visit Websites
- Sources used to find and access Websites, such as Google Search Engine
- Search queries from internal and external search engines
- Visitor’s location (town level only)
- Page interaction information
- Technical details, such as type and version of the browser, platform, and operating system of individual users
We may collect any personal information you opt to send to us via email or online form. Examples include when you:
- Register for email newsletters
- Submit an enquiry using our contact forms
- Submit an enquiry through the phone number found on the Websites
- Register for an Open Event place using our event registration form
- Submit a written enquiry or complaint to our Data Protection Officer
Use and Disclosure
Personal information collected via our websites may be used:
- For the purposes in which you have provided it
- If we can justify it using legal grounds
Below is a non-exhaustive list of occasions in which personal information you have voluntarily shared with us via telephone or email enquiries, will be used to reply to you to:
- Verify specialist/ treatment availability
- Verify a quoted treatment price
- Book your first consultation
- Verify your event registration
If you send us an email message, your email address may be used or disclosed for the purposes you provided it for. Your email address will not be added to any mailing list or shared with anyone without your consent.
If you choose to receive our E-newsletters, your personal information will be used to deliver them.
For administrative purposes and to comply with legal requirements, your personal information may be shared with members of the Guy Sterne Group, including subsidiaries, a holding company, and its subsidiaries.
To optimise and improve our site, we may share your information anonymously with search engine and analytics providers.
Your personal information will not be disclosed to any other third parties within the UK or outside of the European Economic Area unless we are legally required to do so. In these cases, we will ensure its protection using the appropriate safeguards. For any non-EAA countries, your information will only be disclosed if it is legally required and there is a contractual agreement in effect as prescribed by the European Commission.
Any personal information collected will be used only in relation to the purposes in which you disclosed it. Your information will be updated as needed to ensure accuracy and when you make us aware of changes. Your information will be collected on a form for no longer than is needed. In the case of web enquiries, your personal information will be stored for 12 months from the date the enquiry is resolved.
We are determined to protect your personal information within our control. Technologies and processes, such as firewalls, encryption, physical security, and access control procedures, will be used to do this. It is important to note that information transmitted over the internet is never entirely secure, but we will make every effort within our control to protect your information from being lost, altered, or misused.
If you opt to make an enquiry through our web server. Routine penetration tests are performed to make certain the server remains secure. No patient information is held directly on the website servers.
Website maintenance staff members, who are subject to confidentiality requirements, may access our administrative system.
As a health care provider, Guy Sterne is bound by regulatory and legal obligations, which may restrict or limit how your rights are enforced at times.
Links may be available to third-party sites liable for their content or privacy practices.
All emails and their attachments will be monitored. If the email or the attachment is seen as a potential threat to our websites and/ or information systems or is determined, in our reasonable opinion, to be illegal, it will be blocked.
You will only receive marketing information if you have agreed to it. Your preferred communication method, which you will have the ability to select, will be used. If you wish to end our ability to contact you for marketing purposes, please click the “unsubscribe” link. The link can be found in the communication you received from us. This will automatically eliminate your personal information from our contacts.
We may ask for your opinion to improve our services. It will be your decision whether or not to participate if you are contacted.
Mr Guy D. Sterne
MB, ChB, FRCS, MD, FRCS (Plast)
Consultant Plastic Surgeon